Our Mutual Respect Grant fund
Here at Nationwide Building Society, we want to help create a society that's built on mutual respect. Which is why we've partnered with Football Associations across the UK to help promote respect on and off the pitch.
With The FA's Respect Programme, The Scottish FA's Positive Play campaign, the FAW's Fair Play Awards and the Irish FA's Back in the Game programme, we hope to make the game more respectful and positive.
Thanks to the fantastic response from people across the UK signing their support for our respect partnerships, we're donating £50,000 to our Mutual Respect Grants fund to help grassroot football teams across the UK continue to build mutual respect on and off the pitch.
How to apply
Simply complete the application form below, telling us about your club and why mutual respect is important to you and how you've built equality between the sexes.
The promotion is open to Football clubs in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- England Football accredited clubs and leagues
- Community Organisations of Professional Clubs
- FA Affiliated Disability Leagues
- FA Women's National League Clubs
- Clubs constituted and operating in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland
- Professional clubs
- Profit-making organisations
- Schools or other education establishments
- Local authorities, Parish, town councils or leisure trusts
- Individuals or sole traders
- Not for profit clubs or voluntary groups including registered charities, social enterprises, and Community Interest Companies
- Any other constitution not listed as eligible
Applicants must be a member or associate of the club and aged 18-years or over. The application data captured in this form will be processed by a third party.
The donation can only be paid into a club bank account and cannot be received by an individual.
Applications are open from Monday 1 August to Wednesday 31 August 2022.
50 clubs will be chosen to receive a grant of £1000 each. The clubs will be chosen from all valid entries by a panel of judges from Nationwide Building Society plus an independent judge against the following criteria:
- What the club has done to increase mutual respect on or off the pitch
- How they achieved it
- The impact the club had
- How the club has build or aims to build equality for girls football
Mutual Respect Grant Application Form
Please provide as much information as possible to support your application to help the judging panel when awarding one of our £1000 grants to deserving grassroots clubs.
The information included in your application will also be shared with Football Associations across the UK to confirm that clubs are FA affiliated.
Fields marked with * are required